Frequently Asked Questions
- How long will it take to get my carport or garage?
Most areas are delivered in 3-6 weeks but varies depending on time of year.
- How far apart are the legs on the side of the carport or garage?
12'-24' carports are 5 ft on center and 26 wide and wider are usually 4 ft apart or closer depending on the width of the carport or garage.
- What should I do to prepare for the building?
You should always make sure your land is level if you are having your building installed on the ground. We can make small adjustments(3-4") on the legs to accommodate unlevel ground but there is usually an extra labor charge.
- What is the pitch on the roof of the carport?
Most of our carports are between 3/12 pitch and 4/12 pitch depending on the width of the building you purchase.
- What are the carport dimensions?
When you order a carport such as 12x21x6 you are getting a carport that is 12 ft wide 20 ft long(21ft roof length) and 6 ft tall on the sides. Your length will always be 1 foot shorter on the frame because of a 6" over hang on both ends.
- Do you offer financing or rent to own on carports or garages?
Yes we offer both financing and rent to own on carports. We can finance up to $25,000 on approved credit and rent to own up to $8500 with no credit check.
- Do I need a permit for my carport or garage?
This depends on your city, county or local jurisdiction ordinances. If this is required in your area we can assist you with the process and we have engineered drawings available(additional cost).
- Does color affect price?
No our price includes any of our 13 colors.
- What are the warranties available?
All of our Colorado buildings carry a 1 year workmanship warranty. Our 14 gauge and 12 gauge carports carry a 20 year rust through warranty on regular and boxed eave carports up to 31 ft long and on vertical roof carports any length. Our Colorado Certified buildings carry a lifetime warranty.
With a combined 50 years of carport experience our sale specialists can help find the right carport, rv cover, garage, barn or steel building to fit your needs. When you are ready to order or just have questions give us a call at 1-877-662-9060!
Factors to consider when buying a metal carport
- Check the building requirements in your local municipality or county, as some areas require certifications for wind and snow load ratings
- Also check local regulations to see if there are any building size limits; some municipal areas have a storage building cap of no more than 400 square feet
You can contact one of our friendly and knowledgeable building specialists to learn more; they are familiar with most local building permits and requirements and can guide you through the whole process, so you can get your perfect carport or building with no hassles or surprises.
- You should also consider who you are purchasing from. With the multitude of carport manufacturers across the country, there are various to choose from. However, not all are reliable and trustworthy. Often times businesses repeatedly run the wrong order or continuously run late, thus delaying customer installation delivery dates. We strive to make the process a smooth one- from the moment we receive your call all the way through installation. We strive to keep our customers satisfied and try to quickly resolve issues, if any.
- Take note on what you are looking for. Perhaps you simply need space to park your car or need a larger building to store large capacity vehicles. We offer different roof and carport styles that will better suit your needs and satisfactions. Our knowledge staff can give you suggestions if you have any doubts regarding your choices.